“What the hell are you talking about Andy? You already have my number.”
That’s usually the remark I get when I ask anyone “what’s your number?”. But I’m not talking about your phone number. I’m talking about your dream number.
Let me explain…..
Why did you start your online business? To quit your daily job and make more money right? I’m sure there are other reasons why and we’ll cover that later, but the ultimate goal is to make money!
My question to you is, how much money is it that you want to make? How much do you need to make on a monthly basis to make you happy and live the lifestyle you want?
That’s the number I’m talking about, your dream number.
Today I want to help you find your dream number.
First, you need to download the handout below. Click on the link and it will download automatically.
If you can print it out, do so, because you’re going to write a few things down. If not, just follow along and use a piece of note paper.
First answer these two questions….
What is your “WHY”?
All of the biggest, well-known gurus always instruct anyone trying to be a major success in anything to be very clear on their “WHY”
Your “WHY” is your reason, your driving force. It is the foundation of why you want to be successful online.
Without your “WHY”, putting the effort into building your business will be difficult. And if you are not clear on your why and cannot clearly visualize it every day, you WILL FAIL!!!
So if you’ve never written down your “WHY”, please take the time right now and do it.
I can`t express enough how important it is to complete this step if you want to be a huge online success.
Remember you are laying the right foundations right now at the start for huge results later on.
So write down your “WHY” right now on the handout.
How Does Your Dream Life Look Like?
- Where do you live?
- What type of home do you own?
- How many vacations do you take a year?
- Where exactly do you go on vacation?
- What vehicle to you own?
- What charities do you support?
Again, take the time and write down the answers to all these questions on your handout.
Finding Your Number
In this step, we’re going to take all the information you just wrote down and find your dream number.
You will be able to work out exactly what you want and why you want it and you will be able to see it very clearly every day.
This will remind you every day of what you really want from life and why you want it.
Now that you know what you want in life, it’s time to calculate what you need to earn with your internet business to fund that lifestyle.
Now follow along with your handout:
- Mortgage For Your Dream Home – How big of a house do you want to own? Do you want a mansion? A 3, 4 or 5 bedroom house? How about a pool? Check out some real estate websites and see approximately how much your dream home will cost. Then use a mortgage calculator and see how much your monthly payment will be. Write it down on the handout.
- Cost Of Bills For Your Dream Home – How much do you think it will cost to run your home per month. Looking at what you pay for electricity, water, the internet, cable, etc., you know that number will double or triple a month. Write down what you think it will cost you on the handout.
- Car Payments and Insurance – What kind of cars do you want to own? A sports car? An SUV? How about an RV and motorcycle? Do a search and see how much your dream vehicles will cost you. Use a calculator to see how much your monthly payments and insurance will be. Write it down on your handout.
- Cost Of Food – This one should be easy since you probably already know how much you spend on food a month. Write it down on your handout.
- Other (school, insurance, saving, giving) – Are you currently going to school or have a child in school or getting ready to? How much will tuition be? How much is your medical and life insurance? How much do you want to put in your savings account or how much do you plan to invest per month? Do you give money to charities? Figure out a number and write it down on your handout.
- Vacations (family, weekend getaways) – How many vacations do you want to take every year? Have any weekend getaways you want to do? Search what destinations you might want to go to and how much it’s gonna cost. Then divide it by 12 and get your monthly cost. Write it down on your handout.
- Fun (dates, gifts, toys, clothes, spa) – How many dates do you and your spouse go out on per month. How much do you spend on clothing? How many gifts do you purchase? Don’t forget Christmas! Figure out a monthly cost and write it down on your handout.
Once you have those worked out, total all the numbers up.
And that ladies and gentlemen is your dream number.
That’s how much money you need to earn every month to live the lifestyle you want. That’s the goal number you now must work towards.
I hope this exercise was fun and helpful. Leave a comment below or get a hold of me inside Wealthy Affiliate (my profile).