First, let me start by asking you to read the Getting Started page if you haven’t already.
Why Should I Have a Website?
Like many small business owners, you may believe your business cannot benefit from having a website or that a website is not within your budget. These are far from the truth. Corporations need websites, Independent professionals need websites. My mechanic, a local DJ friend of mine and even my bartender have websites. YOU need a website!
Your website is your voice, your story. You can tell the world about all you’ve accomplished, include pictures, articles you’ve written, your favorite videos, links, and just about anything you want.
There are hundreds of books out there written about websites, yet there are thousands of websites that just suck to put it bluntly. Your website doesn’t have to be expensive. Most people think their website needs to have all the high tech bells and whistles instead of concentrating on website that is simple and easy to use. Your visitor should immediately know what your website is about, if not, chances are they won’t stay long.
Here are some reasons why you need a website, no matter what size your business:
- Establish A Presence
Peoples’ habits have changed over the years. Instead of going to the phone book, they’re going to google to search for services and products. Going on vacation? Let’s go online and learn about our destination. Moving? Let’s go online and learn about the area. We now buy our homes and get jobs on the internet. We expect all businesses to have websites. If you have a home-based business, then you definitely better have a website. A well designed websites makes you a real player on and off the net.
- Saves You Time And Money
Think you can’t afford a website? You’re wrong. Even though the cost varies, once you’re up and running, your website will cost you $20 – $100 a month, most of the time cheaper. Your website is a color advertisement or brochure that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Compared to the cost of a newspaper ad and the potential market you can reach with a website, it is a very cost effective way to promote your business. Whether you’re on the phone, sending email or meeting face to face, it takes time to provide information to your customers. With a website, you lots of information about your products and services. Once your website is up and running, it is available to your customers indefinitely, saving you time. And what is time? Time is money.
- It Is Always Accessible
When your store or office is closed, when you go to bed, when the newspaper is thrown away, your website will still be available to both your regular and potential customers 24/7/365, giving them access to your products and services.
- Target A Wider Market
Your website gives you an alternative location to sell your products or services. You’re no longer selling to the 100,000 in your city, but the billions of people around the world. Don’t think you’ll be able to sell your products or services online? Don’t forget, even cars and houses sell online.
- Keep your Customers Informed
Your website is your online brochure. Compared to printed material, it is much easier to update the information about your products and services, making it easier for your customers to know about new arrivals, promotions and upcoming events.
- Educate Your Customers
Before getting the sale, you first need to educate your customer on what it is you’re selling. Nowadays, most people go to the internet and research before they make a decision. By including articles, information and reviews about your profession and your products and services, half the sale is already done; you’ve already given them your “pitch”.
- Save Time By Answering Frequently Asked Questions
Do you find yourself answering the same questions over and over? That may never stop, but with a website, you can have a pages answering those questions and refer them to those pages. You can even email the links to them.
- Establish A Relationship With Your Customers
Most people prefer to do business with someone they know. With your website, they will have the opportunity to get to know you and your business. That helps build trust and most likely they will do business with you. An about me page with your picture and profile will make you more real to them, making them more likely to contact you.
- Gather Contact Information
Most people aren’t going to buy from you right away. Like I said, you first need to educate and build trust. How are you going to do that? By getting their email address. With a website, you can have people who would like to receive your newsletter send you their email address. You can then email your newsletter to all of the people in your database, automatically. That way you can keep them updated with what’s going on with your business. You need to do this with prospects and current customers
I could go on and on but I’ll stop there. As you can see, having a website is very beneficial to your business.
What Makes A Good Website?
Most people panic when you mention the thought of building a website. Nowadays, it is much easier building a website then it was back in the day. Heck, you can build a website in less than 30 seconds.
From my own experience, a good website…
- Has great hosting (the place your website is stored)
- Load time is fast
- Has a professional design
- It’s easy to navigate
- Uses a CMS (Content Management System)
- Has quality content
If your website has these, then you have a damn good website. If not, I can help you with this.
My Choice Is a WordPress Website
Above I mentioned using CMS. WordPress is exactly that. WordPress is a publishing platform used for building websites and blogs. It is the most widely used framework. It is easy to use and highly customizable. One of the most obvious changes you can make to it is the theme, or the outward appearance of the website. Want to see an example, well you’re looking at it. This website was built using WordPress.
Why is WordPress the best?
- Simplicity – Installation is easy. One click of a button and you’re done. If you know how to edit a Word document, then you already have the skills to edit your web pages.
- Multimedia – A text only website can get boring. Engage your visitors with video, photos, graphics, audio, etc.
- Themes – Over 1,400 to choose from.
- Plugins – Simply put, they are lines of code you install on your website. They help your website be more functional for your users. There are hundred available.
- Control – You choose how your website looks and how your visitors interact with it.
- Powerful Blogging Engine – WordPress started as a blogging platform. Although it’s grown far beyond that to a fully-functional website platform, it hasn’t forgotten its roots. Your website is only going to survive if the content on it is fresh and relevant. The blogging engine built into WordPress allows you to effortlessly update your blog, so that your clients or customers are always kept in the loop.
- Excellent SEO – Your website is only relevant if it can be found by your target audience. The higher your website is ranked on the search engines, the more likely it will be visited. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), involves properly coding your website so that search engines like Google and Bing will find it easier, and rank it higher.
Want Your Own WordPress Website? Get It For Free Now
When I said you can build a website in less than 30 seconds, I wasn’t lying.
Watch the video below and see how easy it is.
Take the following steps and just like that, you will have own WordPress website up and running.
- Build your own website at no cost at SiteRubix.com
- Sign up for your free account
- Get not one but two website and training like none other.
That’s it! Now you’re on your way to having a successful online business.
I’ll be making frequent post on this subject. In the meantime, let me know if you need any help.
Leave a comment below or contact me inside Wealthy Affiliate (profile link).