So you’ve started your online business and have your website built.
Here are some tips to help you out along the way. They’re in no certain order.
- Evaluate the content of your website. Know what your website says. Know what the goals of the site are. Have it filled with good, relevant content. A well-defined website will attract more traffic.
- Include a “resources” section on your website. Your website visitors are more likely to return to view your resources often, eventually leading to a sale.
- Claim your business on yelp, google maps, map quest and everywhere else on the web that it exists. Communicate with your customers by using these pages. Make sure your information is accurate. Control the conversation about your business.
- Pay attention to image searches. Placing relevant images on your site will pique interest in your offer. Good images tend to keep people on your site longer.
- Use social networking to your advantage. Having pages in social media will help you generate leads. Ask your friends and family to share your pages. There are hundreds of social websites available, but you should definitely be on Facebook, Twitter, google+ and LinkedIn.
- Give something away for free. It can be a book, a sample, a contest for products or services or some other freebie. Giving something for free will greatly increase the chances that your links will get passed on to others. It’s a great way to grow an email list.
- Use pay-per-click advertisement to increase your website visibility. Programs like Google AdWords help bring your website get to the top in the rankings. For long-term, you need to advertise and keep learning about the newest Internet marketing innovations.
- Incorporate chat into your web site. Whether is live chat or giving your visitors the ability to leave comments, a blog for example, connecting with them is important.
- Remind your readers to bookmark your website. If a visitor is interested in your website, they won’t have to search for it if it’s bookmarked. This may seem obvious, but you’d be surprise how many people forget to do it. Give them a quick subtle reminder.
- A professional looking website that looks appealing will draw more traffic than one that is poorly designed. They enjoy increased bookmarking, return visits and RSS feed and e-zine subscriptions. Check out your competition and see what’s working for them. Do you need help with your website? Don’t know how to go about making it look professional? I can help you with that. Check out my Build A Website page.
- Don’t drown your URLs in keywords and phrases. They look unnatural to people who would otherwise click on the links. It’s always a good idea to use the most relevant keywords possible in your URLs, but don’t go crazy here. Links need to look natural. Links that look like spam do not get clicked, so keep things neat and simple.
- Use offline marketing along with your internet marketing. Try putting your logo and website address on things like t-shirts, mugs, calendars, and stickers. Give them to friends and family or use them as free give aways. These will often be very practical and easy ways to make recipients happy and advertise your business.
These are just a few tips that will hopefully help you to simplify the marketing process a little bit. It’s still not going to be a piece of cake, but nothing worth doing ever is. Apply these tips correctly, focus on what you’re doing, and you will watch happily as your business begins to grow and profit.
Have any other ideas? Tell us about them by commenting below.
Turn Any Passion Into A Thriving Online Business
- Choose an interest
- Build a website
- Attract Visitors
- Earn money
Click on the links below for more information.
Leave any questions you have below or get a hold of me inside Wealthy Affiliate (my profile).